Friday 25 October 2013

Library Camp Glasgow 2013

Before the Event ...


I've attended loads of conferences over the years - librarianship, music librarianship or musicological.  However, I've never attended a library camp before - the new-wave, unconference kind of conference where informality and spontaneity are key.  Tomorrow, I'm giving it a try - I'm attending the first Scottish library camp, at the Mitchell Library in Glasgow. 

We were asked to make our own badges.  Anabel - Queen of West of Scotland Tweetups - tells me there's a competition for the best one.  I don't think I'll come anywhere near best, but I have crafted my own take on the theme, using tiny alphabet beads, my own Twitter handle, and that of the Royal Conservatoire Library.  Look out for me - @karenmca @whittakerlib!

No comments:

Post a Comment