Wednesday 30 July 2014

Rationalising my Social Media Presence

I'm very enthusiastic about social media, and I author several other blogs.  However, they're not all equally active.  At the same time, though, they all represent different aspects of me.

KarenMcAulay.wordpress.com blog is going to be my main personal blog from now on.  Anything relating to my Scottish music research, or continuing professional development, will have its own place there, so TrueImaginaryFriends.blogspot.com, and AirsandGraces.cpd.blogspot.com will become dormant.

The successful performing arts blog, WhittakerLive.blogspot.com, which I author for the Whittaker Library at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland will, of course, be unaffected.  You'll recognise my blogging "voice", but it's done in my daytime professional capacity.

I'll maintain my Academia.edu page - it's not a blog, and I think it's worthwhile - but I intend to do a radical pruning of my LinkedIn pages.  They are beginning to look cluttered
.
I can also be found tweeting @Karenmca. However, I generally use Facebook only for family and close friends. That's my personal choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment